Post Career Highlights
"Darin Hickman is an international business and finance executive with substantial experience as a consultant, international banker, advisor, and entrepreneur. Darin has successfully led startup companies in the US and Africa, and provided strategic and financial advice to African and US firms, and ultra-wealthy individuals.
Darin is CEO of CannaLeaf Pty Led, a new startup company that seeks to become a vertically integrated medicinal cannabis company leveraging Africa’s comparative advantage as a low-cost producer.
Prior to CannaLeaf, Darin was a consultant, international banker and financial advisor in New York, Washington, DC, and Cape Town. He originated, sourced, analyzed, structured, or negotiated over $6B in private equity, venture capital, real estate, private client, and infrastructure transactions across 13 African countries, the United States, and Caribbean.
His academic background includes pursuing an MBA in Finance and Corporate Strategy at the University Of Michigan Ross School Of Business, and a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Africana Studies at Hamilton College.
Some of Darin’s sports-specific achievements include:
• 3-sport collegiate athlete – Hamilton College Football (Wide Receiver), Track & Field (High Jump), Rugby (Flanker, Lock, Wing)
• USA Rugby Division I – Old Blue Rugby Football Club NYC
• Co-founder of JP Morgan Private Bank Sports & Entertainment Group
• Co-founder & CEO Canon Capital Partners – Retired athlete-fund, wealth management firm focused on managing wealth of high net worth professional athletes and entertainers
• Insurance product development for South African Rugby Union
• Founder, RuggerUSA – Initiative focused on developing a bi-directional business of rugby conduit between South Africa and the US